January 10, 2012

A Thousand Miles for Mom

Have you ever heard the song A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton? I absolutely love it & always have. Before my older sister, Gladita (Gladys) passed away, every time I heard this song I would think of her. I would even call her & make her listen to it, as my eyes filled w/tears every time. So when she was taken from us in a split second, I knew this song had to be played & the words printed in the program for her funeral. Now, each time I hear this song, the tears do fall & my heart physically aches a bit more.

*This video/song w/new words is absolutely beautiful, along w/the two boys in it. My sister also had an old Ford Explorer but it wasn't the cause her death.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, very nice post.
High Sierra Soaker 70 Hydration Pack