April 24, 2015

Dies & Foam

Hello again! Just wanted to share this tid bit about craft foam! Have you ever tried using with your dies? I ran it through my Grand Caliber twice with no problems at all! The thickness of my foam was a tiny bit less than 1/8". If you need to purchase, you can try the craft stores or even the dollar store! Mine has adhesive on the back, but I added a bit of wet glue to ensure it would not come off any time soon! 


I used my Martha Stewart fringe scissors & LOVE! My hands have really bad psoriatic arthritis plus carpal tunnel & the scissors did not hurt me at all. Love when this happens! I used regular old school crepe paper also. I measured, cut then stitched to stripe paper before adhering to card base. 


I consider this a CAS card. (clean & simple) Love the end result too! I always look at the tiny details & since I didn't stitch around the outside of the stripe paper, I did use pierced rectangles to emboss the tiny dots.

Happy day to you!
xo


Supplies used:

Spellbinders:
Celebra'tions Whirl White cardstock
Celebra'tions Pierced Rectangles
Die D-Lites: Sentiments Three
American Crafts/Dear Lizzy: Neapolitan paper pad
Teresa Collins: Happy enamel shapes
Other: craft foam, stitches 

No comments: