November 12, 2013

Just Keep Swimming & Believe

I think of Dory from the movie: Nemo & I smile. This is what I feel like as of lately. Without going into details, my heart is heavy, my head is spinning, I'm worried & praying every day. I know He will take care of things as He sees fit. It's the waiting, praying and trying to do the right thing every. single. day that gets me. I'm a happy camper each day. I just try to see the light at the end of the tunnel and know good things will happen. Schedules may be hectic but at the end of the day, I have my family and I'm thankful. My craft room makes me happy and allows me to just breathe. Enjoy. An escape from it all. Even if for only a minute.


This past weekend was a scary one. My teen was assaulted in the middle of her soccer game. No joke. I couldn't believe it. It was as if someone pressed play on a YouTube video of girls fighting. I was so thankful for my daughter's teammates that came running to help her without giving a second thought. If it wasn't for the few girls that did, I know my girl would of spent the night in the ER. She's always the tiniest one out there. For some reason this girl choose her in a flash to tackle to the ground, sit on her and went at it. My girl did get a punch in and her teammate was able to pull the girl off pretty quick. Minus the 2 punches to the face, tiny cuts, small bruising, losing both contacts, her hair nearly pulled out, the knot on her brow & side of her head... she is okay.  Her neck was sore along w/her face. You never saw a mom run so fast on to the field in the middle of a game either. I wasn't alone as it turned out. Two more moms were right behind me. It's instinct to protect your little ones. I won't apologize for it either. The field was full of chaos and I just wanted to separate our girls from the other team. A mom from the other team even punched the ref! What on earth?! I just remember looking to my left to see my girl in tears, disheveled & scared in the arms of her teammate. They had their arms wrapped around the other just hugging. This image I cannot get out of my mind, and it brings me to tears every time. Her friend is real tall too. In fact, taller than me at 5'7". The image is a sweet one and to only think what it meant in that moment, breaks my heart. I just shake my head now. I cannot even begin to understand. Yes to pressing charges and all that follows. Unacceptable period. This was my nightmare coming true. Thank God it ended when it did, because I know it could of been worse. I know teens may drive you absolutely nuts, but it just takes a moment and a person that has not one ounce of self respect or respect for others to change lives in a blink of an eye.


This photo of my youngest was about 30 mins before the craziness began. She fell asleep soon after this was taken and woke up to screaming & cussing parents as she describes it. She said she looked over at our chairs and they were empty. She was really scared, covered her ears and covered her head w/the blanket and cried. (I was running onto the field and my tween was standing on the sideline.) Hearing her tell me this breaks my heart again. Isn't this too crazy?!

What comes around, goes around and the whole thing about Karma, you know? He will do as He sees fit. I believe in Him. And that old saying: things happen for a reason. Hmm. I have always believed this though, now to just wait it out... and see why.

**I kept debating on whether or not to share... but this is my life. I can only hope this can bring to light what some kids are about or even taught. This is what parenting is all about. I cannot imagine not teaching your teen about self respect, etc. This is sad and I bet we don't hear half of all the horror stories and sports.

Have a good night.
xo

4 comments:

Jossie Posie said...

Oh my this post brought me to tears! Thank goodness your girl is safe! I just can not believe how these young teens just don't care! My daughter has experianced cheer bullying. It's awful. Wow. Hopefully your post will serve as a reminder to readers to talk with their tweens. huggs!
JossiePosie4 from IG

stephanie howell said...

I am shaking for you. I CANNOT even imagine. Truly. What is WRONG with people?

Sending you love, joy, strength, and PEACE this holiday season. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hopped over from Stephanie's blog, thanks so much for sharing your heart! "Just keep swimming" resonantes with me, too, during tough times. I repeat it when I'm trying to choke back tears. And you're right, God will judge and punish. I had to come to terms with that in my divorce. It's not up to you, it's not your role, and you may not see the justice, but He is in control. That is truly awful for both of your kiddos (my eyes are welling up right now), but I love that you shared the details. Love to you and your family.

CalleLillyCafe said...

Thank you ladies for your kind words. Reading this post brings me to tears & brings me right back to that moment. I did read this too a few months back, not sure why I waited to comment!?? Have a great weekend. xo