May 17, 2013

M is for Mustache

Today Antonia & I ran to Hobby Lobby after her haircut. Keyword is ran. Doesn't this mean to hurry, quick stop, run in run out sort of stop? Would never happen w/us. Craft store? Um not! Her idea to make a birthday gift for her friend Mercedes, who also loves a mustache to add to her collection. 
This is what we created:




My girl did good! She chose all the materials for this project! 
First, we heat embossed mustache w/a few layers of midnight black and topped it off w/a few layers of UTEE. Love how it came out! I used spray adhesive to adhere the paper to the M & used a razor to cut the excess. I hot glued the lace & mustache on. Lastly, we painted a thin layer of Extreme Glitter Hologram acrylic paint by Folk Art to give a little sparkle. (this is the subtle green you may see! you can turn one way and see zero glitter, turn a bit to see the full effect!) 

What do you think? Are you a fan of homemade gifts? I am. Love.
Happy Friday!
xo

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love homemade gifts... This lools terrific.