May 25, 2018

Art Journal: Beauty

I have been wanting to begin this art journal journey for some time and finally got the chance to start! I blame Heba of My Little Journal on YouTube! lol If you haven't seen her videos, be sure to check her out! This is my end result and I love it!



I began with creating a travelers notebook and covered my two pages with gesso. I used my finger to spread on 3 different colored paints, stamped a floral design with black ink and covered it all with a bit more gesso to tone down the brightness. A floral stencil was used to create the big flowers with paint and a Sharpie white paint pen. 









The leaves were cut by hand using vintage paper, painted with gelatos mixed with water and used ink to add to edges. They were glued on using modpodge and shaded with a black gelato crayon. The bees were stamped & embossed. I used a Versamark pen to emboss and create the bee lines. Tiny pearls were added to the bees, as well as splattered white paint to the entire layout. The finally touch was my title, using Thickers. 






What do you think? My very first entry and I had fun creating it! My 13 yr old started one too and she had me make one this same size for her bff! It's been a crafty party over here and now it's the summer! It's super hot here in AZ, so we are okay if we stay indooors! If not, then you can find us at the pool. Happy day to you! xo

No comments: