July 27, 2009

Nothing

This will make any mom of a 5 yr old laugh! This is SO true!! This was given to us on the 2nd day of school for Lele:

Nothing

When children come home at the end of the day,

the question they're asked as they scurry to play

is, "Tell me, what did you do today?"

And the answer that makes you sigh with dismay,

is... "Nothing, I did nothing today!"

Perhaps nothing means that I played with blocks,

or erased my chalkboard with socks.

Maybe I painted a picture of blue.

Or learned that bears can have birthdays too.

Maybe I played out in the heat,

Or enjoyed a Zero Hero treat.

Maybe today was the very first time,

That my scissors followed a very straight line.

Maybe I learned a song from beginning to end,

Or played with a special brand new friend!

When you are only 5 and your heart has wings,

Nothing can mean so many things!

No comments: