July 31, 2008

Cards & Big News

I'm so mad at myself! I made this card for 2sketches4you before the 26th of July deadline... I forgot to post it bcuz I was busy getting girls ready for school that Monday! I could of swore I sent this! I like how it came out too! I'm sending this out to a special someone. (can't tell, just in case they see this first!)


Kazan's Sketch 5 @ 2 Sketches 4 You



(Graphix transp., Bazzill - scallop chpbrd circle, cardstock, vintage music paper, CTMH - white ink, ribbon, Heidi Swapp - ghost bird, fuzzy rubon happiness, photo corners, edge distresser, Autumn Leaves stamps - flourishes, Ranger - pop dots, Maya Road - chpbrd flower, Deco paint pen - white, Around the Block - Pet Ponderings quote, Tim Holtz Distess ink - peeled paint, ColorBox chalk - Chestnut Roan, other - pearl, shimmer glitter) WOW! That was a ton of stuff! I just grab it all when I'm creating!



CONGRATS are in order!! My niece Carrie & her bf Rob are expecting!! Super happy for them both. xoxo This time around, think good thoughts, take care, rest, read up & ask plenty of questions... & ALL will be good! (don't forget to throw mass in there too! That always helps! ;] ) Right now, she's about 8 wks along, w/a due date of March 11th. Finally, another March baby!! Graciella has been cruising alone for years!


This card I made for my nephew, Evan in MD.

(All CTMH, except the Bazzill chipboard circle, Ranger popdots & the UTEE.)


A card I made for my dr that had passed away this May, Dr. Alan Lewis. I found out w/a letter from his office. I couldn't believe it! I was upset, he was such a nice, old school dr that really cared & listened... & actually knew of my rare type of diabetes! Every time I went in to see him, he always had stories about his family, from his wife to his grandchildren, to share w/me. He would talk to his colleagues about me & let me know all that was said. (I liked hearing what was said bcuz not many drs know or even heard of it!!) Anyway, here is the card I sent to his office.


(Cricut - Jasmine cart., Prima - flowers, Basic Grey- lilykate pp, foof-a-la button, Tim Holtz distress ink - peeled paint, my sewing machine)



Here's another I had made for a gal who is Miss Purple Onions Designs. Actually, a gallery. I'm hoping she likes the skillz & I can snag a spot on her DT!! hee-hee! I would love that! Her stamps... I want them all. I started my collection of them already! They're the red rubber kind & I went to Stamp Works, spoke to the owner (who is another real nice gal!) & walked out of there w/adhesive foam that clings to these special sheets for storing them all in a binder, along w/clinging to my acrylic blocks! LOVE it! Really easy to cut through too! And I got my Hero Arts stamp fix! THAT is what I went to the store for to start with! I need to make some more!



(Purple Onion stamps - doodle frame set, Cosmo Cricket pp - Dutch girl, Bazzill cardstk, CTMH - Choc. ink, bling, Colorbox chalk - lipstick red, Ranger - pop dots, my sewing machine)

These cards were made for the little ones on Jennifer McGuire's blog (card drive). There's still time to make some before the 15th!


(Bazzill cardstk, Li'l Davis - Rockstar pp, Colorbok - chipbrd S, Colorbox chalk - lipstick red, my sewing machine)



(Bazzill cdstk, CTMH - vineyard berry ink, Stazon black ink, Prima flowers, American Crafts - Greenhouse felt flower, Ranger stickles - diamond, pop dots, Making Memories clear stamps - Passport, ornaments, flowers, Heidi Swapp - colored pencils, Autumn Leaves stamps - flourishes, Colorbok - chpbrd L, FancyPants pp ??, other - bling)



(Tri-fold card, Colorbok - chpbrd T, Bazzill red & blue cdstk, other: bling & pp)


Graciella & Amy had made some too! Thx a bunch girls!


Graciella's creations

Amy's creations



Today, I surprised Graciella w/an alto saxophone! She had signed up for band & chose the sax. I'm hoping it won't overwhelm her bcuz of Legacy three times a wk & in Sept. she'll have catechism on Weds. She is BOOKED literally, until the end of the school year! She's a straight A student too! I talked to her about the whole responsibility deal, along w/time, homework, rest... she said she wants to do it! I think if she puts her mind to it... she'll do just fine.

No comments: