September 27, 2010

Mom's Night Out


Did you go? I did! So--- glad I did too. You see, I NEVER EVER get to do this for MYself. It was put together by Kelly of Everyday Childhood & Steph and Joy of Scottsdale Moms Blog. (I met Kelly at the Phx BloggyBootCamp in May!) I saw her tweet & signed up just like that! Told the husband about it & went SOLO =) Yes, I'm that type of girl. I knew I would talk to someone when I got there. ha! I did want to at least walk in w/someone, but what are you gonna do?! I'm a big girl right? So I did & I saw Kelly right away & sat right in front of the stage. Okay, were you ever there? They had two pianos set up w/the people facing each other, drums & bass in back. These guys & girl were hysterical & greater than great playing the piano, all the while cracking jokes, talking to us, singing & passing songs via squished up napkins flying through the air. The drink choice of the nite for me was: lemonade. Virgin mind you! If I had any kind of drinky drink, it wouldn't be a fun nite for me.

I met two new moms, both at 7 mos pregnant! Yes, strange, same table & all. Soon after, I met Evy of Delan3. After meeting her, I felt real old. Thx Miss Sunshine! This happened only bcuz some of those real old songs... she didn't know bcuz she WASN'T born yet!! I won't hold it against you!  I did have a good time though & plan to go back w/friends & the husbands sometime soon.

We did leave w/a goodie bag from a bunch of different sponsors & no I did not win any of the giveaways! It's all good though, the music healed me. ha!

Until next time...


Tempe, Az

6 comments:

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

FUN!!! I'm in for next time :)

Melina*Alecia said...

Nope, I will NOT walk into a bar alone...even if I am meeting someone right inside, I make them walk their sweet a$$ to the door and meet me. No, I will not walk into a bar alone even if my b/f works there and I know he is right inside at the DJ booth. NOPE NOPE NOPE, will NOT do it!

Childhood said...

It was so great to see you! I hope to see you out at more Mom events! Thanks so much. xo

Our Life said...

Hey Julie,
I'm glad we got to meet the other night. I had so much fun sitting next to you and getting to watch those twins be very interesting. Hope to see you again. :)

Michelle said...

It was tons of fun! Glad to get to sit with you for a little while! :)

Anonymous said...

Just started following...follow back. Check out our blog
http://www.littlebambinochildrenswear.blogspot.com